If you’re looking for more information about the transition to Christenson Transportation, you’ve come to the right place. Keep reading to find out more about the business change and how that affects your pay package and benefits.
Background | Onboarding | Pay | Benefits
The Background – From MGI to Christenson
Truck Transportation Services (TTS) is a company owned by Cheryl Christenson. The company was originally formed to help the growth of the upstart truck line Christenson Transportation. Over time the business grew and they now have over 150 trucks. She has had a relationship with MGI Transport since January of 2018. Over the two years, we have grown to 65 trucks all operated by MGI Transport. This has been a very successful relationship, however, with the rising cost of insurance and the softer market on spot freight in 2019, MGI has had to look for options to remain a viable resource for their customers, drivers and employees.
Christenson Transportation is excited to announce that we will be transitioning these customers and employees as well as drivers over to our fleet on February 21st.
If you are one of those drivers, you may be wondering where this leaves you. As previously stated, we’ll be transitioning drivers to our company, but we need just a few things from you to make things official.
Onboarding: Making it Official
- An updated Intelliapp Application – you’ll only need to add your MGI employment history and any other information that has changed since you started at MGI.
- A new drug screening
- Completed Company Packet
Once your application is complete, please call our office to schedule a drug screening. We can schedule one remotely to make things simple for you.
We will also provide you with company packet information at that time. Don’t worry – it’s easy!
The Pay Package
Please note that your MGI tenure transfers so any benefits related to how long you’ve been with the company will not reset.
Please note that your healthcare coverage will continue through the month of February. Any questions about your current benefits package should be directed to you Fleet Manager or someone at MGI. We do not have information on your current benefits.
Drivers joining our team will be given Christenson Benefits:
- Insurance: Health, Dental and Vision-Two health plans to choose from: Silver and Gold Plan
– Silver: We pay 50% of employee’s cost
– Gold: We pay 47% of employee’s cost
– Employee may elect to cover family members at full cost.
- 401k Program– Employee can elect to participate or roll over existing plan. Does not include employer contribution.
- Pre-paid Legal Plan– Provided by Christenson for every driver
- Paid Vacation– Begins after one year of service as company driver. Requires 14-day notice and fleet manager approval.
– Time must be taken in one-week increments.
– One year of service = one week of vacation ($1000)
– Two to Three years of service = Two weeks of vacation ($1200 per week)
– Four or more years of service = Three weeks of vacation ($1200 per week)
– Yearly vacation does not roll over. Vacation time not taken by next anniversary date will be paid out as bonus.
More detailed information will be provided in the Company Packet.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact your Fleet Manager or contact our office at 417-866-5993. We would love to take your call!