Who doesn’t like chicken & dumplings? Here is an easy recipe for you all to make while on the road in your truck. It’s easy and affordable. Makes up to 4 servings. You can cook the chicken and veggies in an instant pot or in a slow cooker. You can also season to your taste.
- 1 lb. chicken breast or tenders
- 2 stalk celery, diced (about 1 c.)
- leaves from celery, chopped (about 1/4 c.)
- 2 carrots, sliced (about 1 c.)
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can condense cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can condense cream of celery soup
- 2 c. chicken broth ( 32. oz. box)
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt -1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 can of 8 biscuits**
**buttermilk, homestyle or country (NOT flaky)
- add celery & carrots to slow cooker
- place chicken on top of vegetables
- mix both cans of soup, poultry seasoning, salt & pepper in a bowl
- pour on top of the chicken
- add chicken broth to slow cooker
- cook on high 3 1/2 – 4 hours
- shred the chicken, return to slow cooker
- flatten biscuits to about a 1/4 inch & cut into slices or squares
- add biscuits to slow cooker, separating & stirring often
- add celery leaves to slow cooker
- cook another 1-2 hours in high or until biscuits are done.
Let us know how this one turns out for you.