Our Regional Fleet is comprised of drivers making deliveries in some of our biggest markets. This fleet is focused in the lower eastern US and spans as far north as Pennsylvania and as far west as Missouri. Drivers in this fleet are based in cities like Atlanta, GA and Lebanon, TN which are located in the heart of this fleet’s service area. While the Regional Fleet is made up of Company Drivers as well as Lease/Owner Operators, there are limited LP/OO positions available.
- Must meet minimum Christenson Qualifications including:
- A valid Class A CDL
- Being 23 or older
- Having two out of the last three years of OTR experience
- Solid work history
- Excellent safety record.
- A valid Class A CDL
- Must live in the Regional Fleet area.
- Missouri, Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida.
What to Expect
- 5.5 day work weeks with home time every few weeks.
- Drivers based in Atlanta, GA and Lebanon, TN near our terminals are able to head home more frequently than drivers based in other locations.
- The same quality equipment used for all drivers at Christenson.
- Perks like Drivers’ Lounge access, pets and passengers.
- Company Drivers have benefits options as well.
There are different pay packages depending on what kind of driver you are. Company Driver pay is the same for our Regional Fleet as it is for Over the Road Operators.
Lease Purchase & Owner Operators
- $1.11/mi + FSC- for all miles picked up and delivered east of the Mississippi River
- $65 for extra stops
- $150 Layover Pay
- $40 per hour Detention Pay that begins 2 hours after on-time and correctly reported delivery
- $50 Dwell Time
Basic compensation – up to $.50 per mile:
- $.43 per mile base
– With option for $.08 per mile paid as per diem– $.02, $.04 or $.07 per mile based on MPG. (>6.75 at $.02, >7.25 at $.04, and >7.75 at $.07)
- Orientation – $50 – Paid upon completion of trial trip
- Extra Picks/Drops – $25 Each – Excludes final stop and dedicated loads. Dedicated loads are $10 each.
- Layover – $50 First Night/$100 Each Additional Night-Provided if not assigned to load by 5pm the day after unloading – excludes Saturday and Sunday.
- Detention – $20 per hour/$5 per quarter hour– Begins 2 hours after an on-time and correctly reported delivery*
*2 hour wait begins at the end of FCFS window of time or at the scheduled time if no window provided.
- Long Island – $125
-Either pickup or delivery on the island – not both.
Upon approval of your online application, you should receive a call from one of Recruiters who will collect any missing information, schedule a drug screening, lock in a start date, and arrange transportation to your orientation.
Our Regional Fleet drivers will receive the same quality orientation as all other Christenson drivers. Orientation takes place at our headquarters in Strafford, MO. It lasts 2-3 days and includes meeting your fleet manager and other staff, choosing your truck, signing any necessary paperwork, learning about safety, maintenance and operations policies, and getting the things you need to get on the road.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, we would love to review your application. Please submit your Intelliapp today and one of our wonderful recruiters will get in touch with you. If you have any additional questions please give us a call at 417-866-5993 and choose option one for Recruiting.