Our OTR fleet is our main and biggest fleet. This fleet travels across the contiguous US. We hire people that live all over for this fleet, though we may limit the locations drivers are based in according to need. The best way to find out if your location is optimal is to contact one of our recruiters!
- Must meet minimum Christenson Qualifications including:
- A valid Class A CDL
- Being 23 or older
- Having two out of the last three years of OTR experience
- Solid work history
- Excellent safety record.
What to Expect
- 2-3 weeks out with 2-3 days home dependending on where you live.
- The same quality equipment used for all drivers at Christenson.
- Perks like Drivers’ Lounge access, pets and passengers.
- All Company Drivers have benefits options.
There are different pay packages depending on what kind of driver you are. Company Driver pay is the same for our Over the Road Operators as it is for our Regional Fleet.
Lease Purchase & Owner Operator
- $1.03/mi. + FSC for all miles picked up and delivered west of the Mississippi River
- $1.11/mi + FSC- for all miles picked up and delivered east of the Mississippi River
- $175- Long Island Pay- per pick up OR delivery (not both). Minimal freight-Not forced dispatch.
- All other- Same as Regional.
Basic compensation – up to $.50 per mile:
- $.43 per mile base
– With option for $.08 per mile paid as per diem– $.02, $.04 or $.07 per mile based on MPG. (>6.75 at $.02, >7.25 at $.04, and >7.75 at $.07)
- Orientation – $50 – Paid upon completion of trial trip
- Extra Picks/Drops – $25 Each – Excludes final stop and dedicated loads. Dedicated loads are $10 each.
- Layover – $50 First Night/$100 Each Additional Night-Provided if not assigned to load by 5pm the day after unloading – excludes Saturday and Sunday.
- Detention – $20 per hour/$5 per quarter hour– Begins 2 hours after an on-time and correctly reported delivery*
*2 hour wait begins at the end of FCFS window of time or at the scheduled time if no window provided.
- Long Island – $125
-Either pickup or delivery on the island – not both.
Upon approval of your online application, you should receive a call from one of Recruiters who will collect any missing information, schedule a drug screening, lock in a start date, and arrange transportation to your orientation.
Orientation takes place at our headquarters in Strafford, MO. It lasts 2-3 days and includes meeting your fleet manager and other staff, choosing your truck, signing any necessary paperwork, learning about safety, maintenance and operations policies, and getting the things you need to get on the road.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, we would love to review your application. Please submit your Intelliapp today and one of our wonderful recruiters will get in touch with you. If you have any additional questions please give us a call at 417-866-5993 and choose option one for Recruiting.