This is the heading
Our OTR fleet is our largest and primary fleet. This fleet travels across the US. We hire people that live all over the country for this fleet. We may limit the location drivers based in according to need. The best way to find out if your location is optimal is to contact one of our recruiters!
- Must be at least 23 years of age
- Must have a valid Class A CDL
- At least 2 years verifiable over-the-road experience within the last 3 years
- No convictions for “serious or disqualifying traffic violations” in the last 3 years
- DOT violations subject to review
There are different pay packages depending on what kind of driver you are. Company Driver pay is the same for our Over the Road Operators as it is for our Regional Fleet.
Lease-Purchase & Owner Operator
- $1.03/mi. + FSC for all miles picked up and delivered west of the Mississippi River
- $1.11/mi + FSC- for all miles picked up and delivered east of the Mississippi River
- $175- Long Island Pay- per pick up OR delivery (not both). Minimal freight-Not forced dispatch.
- All other- Same as Regional.
- Starting Base Pay – $.50 Per Mile
- Driver may elect to have $.10 per mile paid as per diem.
- Starting Base Pay for teams
- $.55 Per Mile
- Each team member may elect to have $.05 per mile paid as per diem.
- Additional $.02 per mile MPG Bonus for MPG of 7.75 or higher.
- Paid weekly on the miles for that pay week.
- Christenson Transportation “STAY PAY” incentive paid on the schedule below:
- Completion of year 1 – Receive $1,000, paid out $250 quarterly & beginning on the yearly anniversary.
- Completion of year 2 – Receive $2,000, paid out $500 quarterly & beginning on the yearly anniversary.
- Completion of year 3 – Receive $3,000, paid out $750 quarterly & beginning on the yearly anniversary.
- Completion of year 4 & above – Receive $4,000, paid out $1,000 quarterly & beginning on the yearly anniversary
(For team trucks, the “STAY PAY” incentive is paid to the truck, not to each team member)
- Orientation/Transition Pay of $250.00
- Paid on the first check.
- Extra Pick-up or drop pay of $25.00 per Additional Pick-up or Drop
- Excludes first pick-up and first drop.
- Layover Pay of $100.00 Per Night
- If not assigned a load by 5 pm the day after unloading.
- Detention Paid at $20.00 per hour
- Begins 2 hours after correctly reporting on-time arrival for an appointment, not to exceed $100 daily. For FCFS pick-ups & deliveries, detention will begin 2 hours after correctly reporting arrival at a rate of $10.00 per hour, not to exceed $50 daily.
- Breakdown Pay at $50.00 for the first day, $100.00 for the second day, and $150.00 for 3rd day
- Referral Bonus of $500.00 & name entered into the drawing to win $4,000.00 after every 5 referrals hired.
- $500.00 paid in 2 payments. The first is $250.00 after delivery of the referral’s load. The second $250.00 is at the time of the $4,000.00 drawing.
Upon approval of your online application, you should receive a call from one of our Recruiters who will collect any missing information, schedule a drug screening, lock in a start date, and arrange transportation to your orientation.
Orientation takes place at our headquarters in Strafford, MO. It lasts 2-3 days and includes meeting your fleet manager and other staff, choosing your truck, signing any necessary paperwork, learning about safety, maintenance and operations policies, and getting the things you need to get on the road.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, we would love to review your application. Please submit your Intelliapp today and one of our wonderful recruiters will get in touch with you. If you have any additional questions please give us a call at 417-866-5993 and choose option one for Recruiting.