At Christenson Transportation, we look for safe and stable drivers that care about creating their own success. If you are interested in the trucking industry and have a safe driving record, but are not quite ready to buy a tractor, Christenson can provide you with a truck and get you on the road with benefits and competitive pay.
Our onboarding process is simple: approved applicants attend 2-3 day orientation from Monday to Wednesday of a given week. We highlight company policy and procedure, our internal operations, and Electric Log training. We fill out all of the necessary paperwork and your journey begins!
Compensation and Benefit Package for Company Drivers
Basic compensation – Starting at $.50 per mile:
- Starting Base Pay – $.50 Per Mile
– Driver may elect to have $.10 per mile paid as per diem.
- Starting Base Pay for teams – $.55 Per Mile
– Each team member may elect to have $.05 per mile paid as per diem.
- Additional $.02 per mile MPG Bonus for MPG of 7.75 or higher.
– Paid weekly on the miles for that pay week.
- Christenson Transportation “STAY PAY” incentive paid on the schedule below:
– Completion of year 1 – Receive $1,000, paid out $250 quarterly & beginning on the yearly anniversary.
– Completion of year 2 – Receive $2,000, paid out $500 quarterly & beginning on the yearly anniversary.
– Completion of year 3 – Receive $3,000, paid out $750 quarterly & beginning on the yearly anniversary.
– Completion of year 4 & above – Receive $4,000, paid out $1,000 quarterly & beginning on the yearly anniversary.
(For team trucks, the “STAY PAY” incentive is paid to the truck, not to each team member)
- Orientation/Transition Pay of $250.00
– Paid on the first check.
- Extra Pick-up or drop pay of $25.00 per Additional Pick-up or Drop
– Excludes first pick-up and first drop.
- Layover Pay of $100.00 Per Night
– If not assigned a load by 5 pm the day after unloading.
- Detention Paid at $20.00 per hour
– Begins 2 hours after correctly reporting on-time arrival for an appointment, not to exceed $100 daily. For FCFS pick-ups & deliveries, detention will begin 2 hours after correctly reporting arrival at a rate of $10.00 per hour, not to exceed $50 daily.
- Breakdown Pay at $50.00 for the first day, $100.00 for the second day, and $150.00 for 3rd day
- Referral Bonus of $500.00 & name entered into the drawing to win $4,000.00 after every 5 referrals hired.
– $500.00 paid in 2 payments. The first is $250.00 after delivery of the referral’s load. The second $250.00 is at the time of the $4,000.00 drawing.
- Insurance – Health/Dental/Vision/Life
– Choose from 2 health plans. Christenson pays 50% of employee cost for a silver plan, dental, and vision. Christenson pays 47% of the employee cost on the gold plan.
– Employee can elect to cover family members at the full cost.
– $20,000 – $40,000 life insurance policy for every driver, 100% paid for by Christenson.
- 401K PROGRAM
– Elect to participate, or rollover the existing plan.
- PRE-PAID DRIVER LEGAL PLAN
– Provided by Christenson for every driver at no cost.
- PAID VACATION PAID AT $1,000 PER WEEK
– 1 week of vacation available yearly on the employment date. Cannot be rolled over.
– This is IN ADDITION TO the Christenson Transportation ‘STAY PAY” referenced above.
Our company drivers operate the same kinds of vehicles that our Lease Purchase drivers do. That means you’ll be driving either a Kenmore or Peterbilt complete with:
- Leather Seats
- Bunk Heaters
- Double Bunks on most trucks
All trucks are cleaned and have to brand new mattresses for each driver, so don’t worry – you’re covered.
Learn more about our equipment here.
- 24 Hour Driver Lounge: You will have access to our Driver Lounge that includes showers, a washer and driver, transflo machine, cable TV, a comfy couch, a computer with Internet, and a treadmill.
- Onboard Pets: You can bring your best friend on the road with you! There are limits, however. Your furry friend can be up to medium-dog sized and must have shot records submitted. It also requires a deposit that you can pay over time.
- Passengers: You can bring your best human too! Your passenger must be over 13 years old with a signed form – we’ll cover their insurance.