At Christenson Transportation, we look for safe and stable drivers that care about creating their own success. If you are interested in the trucking industry and have a safe driving record, but are not quite ready to buy a tractor, Christenson can provide you with a truck and get you on the road with benefits and competitive pay.
Our onboarding process is simple: approved applicants attend 2-3 day orientation from Monday to Wednesday of a given week. We highlight company policy and procedure, our internal operations and Electric Log training. We fill out all of the necessary paperwork and your journey begins!
Compensation and Benefit Package for Company Drivers
Basic compensation – up to $.50 per mile:
- $.43 per mile base
– With option for $.08 per mile paid as per diem
– $.02, $.04 or $.07 per mile based on MPG. (>6.75 at $.02, >7.25 at $.04, and >7.75 at $.07)
- Orientation – $50 – Paid upon completion of trial trip
- Extra Picks/Drops – $25 Each – Excludes final stop and dedicated loads. Dedicated loads are $10 each.
- Layover – $50 First Night/$100 Each Additional Night-Provided if not assigned to load by 5pm the day after unloading – excludes Saturday and Sunday.
- Detention – $20 per hour/$5 per quarter hour– Begins 2 hours after an on-time and correctly reported delivery*
*2 hour wait begins at the end of FCFS window of time or at the scheduled time if no window provided.
- Long Island – $125
-Either pickup or delivery on the island – not both.
- Insurance: Health, Dental and Vision-Two health plans to choose from: Silver and Gold Plan
– Silver: We pay 50% of employee’s cost
– Gold: We pay 47% of employee’s cost
– Employee may elect to cover family members at full cost.
- 401k Program– Employee can elect to participate or roll over existing plan. Does not include employer contribution.
- Pre-paid Legal Plan– Provided by Christenson for every driver
- Paid Vacation– Begins after one year of service as company driver. Requires 14-day notice and fleet manager approval.
– Time must be taken in one-week increments.
– One year of service = one week of vacation ($1000)
– Two to Three years of service = Two weeks of vacation ($1200 per week)
– Four or more years of service = Three weeks of vacation ($1200 per week)
– Yearly vacation does not roll over. Vacation time not taken by next anniversary date will be paid out as bonus.
Our company drivers operate the same kinds of vehicles that our Lease Purchase drivers do. That means you’ll be driving either a Kenmore or Peterbilt complete with:
– Leather Seats
– Bunk Heaters
– Double Bunks on most trucks
All trucks are cleaned and have brand new mattresses for each driver, so don’t worry – you’re covered.
Learn more about our equipment here.
– 24 Hour Driver Lounge: You will have access to our Driver Lounge that includes showers, a washer and driver, transflo machine, cable TV, a comfy couch, a computer with Internet and a treadmill.
– Onboard Pets: You can bring your best friend on the road with you! There are limits, however. You furry friend can be up to medium-dog sized and must have shot records submitted. It also requires a deposit that you can pay over time.
– Passengers: You can bring your best human too! Your passenger must be over 13 years old with a signed form – we’ll cover their insurance.