Interested in working with Christenson? You’re in the right place! We are looking to work with Company Drivers, Owner-Operators and aspiring owner-operators through our Lease Purchase Program. Get more information about pay, benefits, and qualifications below. If you still have questions after reading this page, feel free to contact our Recruiting Department by calling 417-866-5993 and selecting Option 1.
Life at Christenson
At Christenson, we know that trucking can be a bit impersonal at times, but we do what we can to be present, attentive and above all else, treat you like the person you are. Our small but growing fleet affords us the opportunity to make genuine connections with our staff and drivers who call each other by their names, celebrate important days together and cheer each other on.
That’s a big reason why our 2-3 day orientations not only consist of drivers learning our policies and procedures but meeting their fleet managers, safety and payroll reps, and anyone else they’re interested in meeting including our CEO. We want drivers to let us get to know them and the way they like to communicate, the way they like to run, and any other fun facts they’d like to share. We do our best to match drivers with the right fleet managers and put them on lanes and deliveries that meet our needs and their needs as often as possible.
That communication doesn’t stop with orientation. We have an open door policy to discuss issues or needs that may arise or just to check in. Drivers are welcome to come in the office and speak in-person or handle things over the phone or even email. (Note: office access has been limited during the COVID-19 pandemic. More information available here.) While drivers are always on the road, we try to give them a place to come back to with 24/7 drivers’ lounges that make showering, washing clothes and other comforts easy and free.
We also know that your truck serves as your home away from home, so we make sure that our drivers have safe, reliable and comfortable equipment. All of our trucks are late model Peterbilts or Kenworths with leather seats, inverters, APUs, refrigerators, bunk heaters and other fun features. Get more details here.
Plus, we allow pets and passengers (with a little extra paperwork) on board so you can bring a little bit of your home life on the road with you too! Of course, you’ve got to go home some time. Our policies and expectations depend on the fleet, so be sure to check those out below for more information. In general, we try our best to be flexible while making sure that you’re making a living. While we have standards we like to stick to, we understand that things come up and we will always try our best to help you out when you need it.
The last thing you need to know about life at Christenson is that we’re not perfect and we value honesty and transparency at all times but especially when we’re hiring. Though we do our best to keep people happy, we understand that we might not be the right fit and we encourage you to make informed decisions. So please, take a look around the website and learn everything you can and if you find yourself with more questions about anything at all feel free to visit our social media or give us a call! We like updating our Facebook and Instagram and we have plenty of drivers who are willing to answer your questions about their experiences.
We require all drivers to meet the following:
- Must be at least 23 years old
- Must have 2 years (within last 3 years) verifiable experience operating a Class 8 CMV
- Must have a valid Class A CDL
- Must have a valid DOT physical
- Must pass a DOT pre-employment drug screen
- Must be able to read, write and speak English language in accordance with FMCSR
- Must either have or obtain a TWIC card
- Stable job history for past 3 years
- No convictions for a ‘serious or disqualifying traffic violation’ within the last 3 years including:
- Excessive speeding of 15 mph or more over the posted limit.
- Reckless driving
- Improper or Erratic lane changes
- Following to close
- Hit and run, failure to report and accident
- No more than 3 moving violations in the past 36 months, and no more than 2 in the previous 12 months.
- No suspension/ revocations in the past 12 months
- No DUI or DWI convictions within the past 5 years
- No positive or refused drug tests within the past 5 years
- No ‘preventable’ DOT reportable accidents in the past 3 years
- No DOT accidents listed below:
- Lane change
- Rear end
- No more than 3 preventable ‘minor’ accidents/ incidents in the past 3 years
- No misuse of company equipment or funds.
We have three fleets at Christenson. Our Pennsylvania Dedicated Fleet is our newest and smallest fleet with a limited hiring area. Our Regional Fleet is primarily in the southeast and is comprised of drivers that live in that area. Lastly, our OTR fleet is the main fleet at Christenson and services all areas of the contiguous US with a much wider hiring area. All of our fleets are made up of a combination of Company, Owner and Lease Operators though availability for these positions may be limited depending on the fleet. Click the icons below to learn more.
At Christenson, we hire Company, Owner and Lease Operators for all three of our fleets. The main difference between these roles is who owns the truck: Company Drivers drive our equipment, while owner operators drive their own equipment and lease operators lease a truck and eventually own it. Each position comes with different pay rates, benefit costs, sign on terms and bonuses. We also allow drivers to become Lease Operators later on if they so choose. Some positions may be limited depending on the fleet so ask a Recruiter if you’re curious. You can learn more about each position below.
At Christenson Transportation, we look for safe and stable drivers that care about creating their own success. If you are interested in the trucking industry and have a safe driving record, but are not quite ready to buy a tractor, Christenson can provide you with a truck and get you on the road with benefits and a competitive pay.
Company Driver Snapshot:
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance options
- Pet and Passengers allowed (conditions apply)
- Access to our 24/7 Driver Lounge with showers, washer and dryer, computer with internet and more.
- Prepaid Legal Plan
- Paid Vacation
Lease Purchase Drivers
Leasing a quality tractor is easy and it’s the first step to becoming an owner operator. At Christenson Transportation, we want to help our operators obtain and drive the truck of their dreams!
Lease Purchase Snapshot:
- A late model Peterbilt or Kenworth tractor
- No money down, no credit check
- Sign on bonus from $3500 – $4500
- Choice of regional or OTR fleets
- Affordable financial support and leasing options
- Access to fuel, maintenance, warranty and other vendor discounts
- Well-established routes with miles from 2500 – 3200 weekly
- Access Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Driver’s Legal Discount
Join the Christenson team and bring your own truck! We are committed to helping you achieve your desired success in the trucking industry.
Our partnership can provide you with:
- Financing options to maintain your current truck
- Financial assistance for an upgraded truck
- Help on current insurance or maintenance
- Access to vendor and company discounts
- Average 2500 to 3200 miles per week
- Well-established routes
- Access to our long-term customer relationships
Our goal is to help all truck drivers transition into and maintain their small business, create opportunities so they can provide for their families consistently, and provide long-term stability in an ever-changing industry.
Are you ready to join the Christenson Crew? Get started with our online job application. Don’t hesitate to contact our Recruiting department with any questions or concerns you may have. We can’t wait to hear from you!