With two locations (Springfield, Missouri and Lebanon, Tennessee), Christenson Transportation is a family-owned company that was founded by Gene Christenson 1979 as a brokerage firm. Don Christenson, now the President, started the truck line in 1995 and has the Company running in all forty-eight states. Specializing in the hauling of high-value, high-risk and time-sensitive freight including tires, pet food, paper, electronics and other general commodities.
With over 35 years in the trucking industry, Christenson Transportation has won the Truckload Carriers Association Safety Award three times and is the recipient of the Platinum Fleet Award for “Outstanding Achievement in Highway Traffic Safety”. Both are due to our commitment in working with quality drivers to provide value and safety to our customers.
We are a member of the Truckload Carriers Association and the Missouri Motor Carriers Association.
We want to become “THE BEST IN CLASS” mid-sized transportation provider in the markets we serve by delivering paramount value to our customers.
We want to provide opportunity by fostering personal growth and success in an open, honest, family oriented, and socially responsible environment.
Here at Christenson, we run all 48 states, specializing in the hauling of high-value, high-risk and time-sensitive freight including tires, pet food, paper, electronics and other general commodities. We are set apart by its unwavering dedication to customer service and satisfaction. To protect your high value freight, we offer the latest in satellite communications and GPS tracking as well as load securement utilizing enforcer locks on both tractor and trailer.
At Christenson Transportation, we…
- Strive to be the safest carrier in our class.
- Create value to our customers by providing safe, quality, and reliable services.
- Increase profitability through improved productivity and greater interdependence among our vendors, owner operators, customers, and team members.
- Invest in our team members by providing assistance, training, and tools to establish open communication and accomplish our goals in a supportive and rewarding environment while recognizing individual and group effort.
- Improve time management and life balance skills among employees for greater focus on priorities.
- Support industry efforts to develop a positive public image.
Who We Serve
Christenson Transportation, Inc. is set apart by its unwavering dedication to customer service and satisfaction. To protect your high value freight, we offer the latest in satellite communications and GPS tracking as well as load securement utilizing enforcer locks on both the tractor and trailer.
Here are some of our services and key benefits experienced by our customers.
– Nashville TN area to Southern FL using the East Coast Railway
Crossdock & Storage Services
-Crossdock and Storage is available in the Lebanon, TN & Nashville, TN areas.
– Helps allow shippers to compete in markets formerly unreachable due to transit times.
– Lowers inventory required for manufacture or sale.
– Adds ability to react to market pricing changes with shorter shipment lead time.
– There is NO breakbulk or transloading of freight. It stays on the same trailers on which it is loaded so it arrives in the same order and condition as shipped.
– Pre-Arrival (PARS) Bar Code Label Service available for rapid border crossings and load control.
-Familiarity with border crossings and customs paperwork helps customer shipments speed smoothly through customs.
– Ship into and out of western and central Canada on a daily basis.
– Our hi-cube 53′ x 102′ trailers are designed to haul the maximum cube available. These over-the-road Goliaths have 110’+ door openings and translucent roofs to make loading and unloading easier.
– 45,000 lb+ payloads allow customers to get the most out of their truckload dollar.
– Late-model, team-equipped road units can put up to 1,000 miles a day on a customer shipment.
For the last five years, Christenson Transportation has been an avid supporter of the Breast Cancer Foundation of the Ozarks.
We are also the proud founder of The Annual Ride for Breast Cancer of the Ozarks, now running into its third year. Every October, we get companies, sponsors and the community together to ride motorcycles and cars on a round trip to Lebanon, Missouri. All the proceeds support the Breast Cancer Foundation of the Ozarks. In 2012, we raised about $25,000.
In addition to the Annual Ride, Christenson Transportation, as a company, continues to raise money throughout the year by hosting smaller company fundraisers for our own employees including $1.00 dress down days, raffles, bake sales and more.